YellowSquare Italy of YellowSquare Italia S.p.A., P.IVA 14995381002, Via Palestro n. 49 – 00185 Rome, Italy
YellowSquare Rome of PIERRE S.r.l., P.IVA 11209161006, Via Palestro n. 44 – 00185 Rome, Italy
YellowSquare Milan of YELLOWSQUARE MILANO LATTUADA S.r.l. a socio unico, P.IVA 15011801006, Via Palestro 49 – 00185 Rome, Italy
YellowSquare Florence of YELLOWSQUARE FIRENZE REDI S.r.l. a socio unico, P.IVA 15057791004, Via Palestro 49 – 00185 Rome, Italy
Please note that our Services may contain links to and from websites that can be held by our network partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites or use third party services, you should be aware that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not assume any liability for their processing of your personal data. Therefore, please make sure to read their privacy policies before providing your personal data to them.
We take it very seriously to protect the safety and privacy of children online and we do not knowingly market to or solicit personal data from children under the age of 16 without obtaining verifiable parental consent.
When you access, connect to, sign up to, participate in, make individual purchases and reservations or otherwise use our Services, we may collect personal data about you. The personal data we collect will depend on the circumstances and the Services you are using, but could consist of the following:
• Personal data that you actively provide to us
• Name, e-mail address, phone number and postal address.
• Gender (in most cases optional)
• Date and place of birth.
• Payment or paypal account details.
• User identification, password, secret questions and answers.
• Information requested by us from you when you report a problem with our Services.
• User information that you choose to provide for research purposes (ratings, reviews, response to surveys and other requests).
• Any other information that is provided at the time of registration for the use of our Services, connection to our Services or requesting additional services from us.
User generated personal data:
• Information regarding purchases you make with our Services, such as what products you buy and when you attend one of our events.
• Details of your visits to our Services including but not limited to data traffic and other communication data and the resources to which you have access.
We may also collect other information regarding your use of our Services through cookies and other similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
We may supplement the information that we collect from you with information that we receive from third parties and through your use of websites, products or services of other companies within our group. This may include information we receive from content providers regarding, for example, your use of our Services so that we can personalize your service and recommend content that you might like. It can also include information from third parties that collect consumer information including demographic and interest data. We may then combine this information with your personal data to help us predict your preferences, to direct marketing offers that might be more relevant to you, and to help us better analyze customer information for business modeling purposes. We may also obtain information from our payment processing providers to help us with any issues that arise connected to purchases you make with our Services.
We work with third parties to store, process and manage data about our guests, and their reservations. Clock PMS is our Property Management Software and the third party where most of our data is stored and managed.
YellowSquare employees with the necessary authority can view and edit your information, to modify, cancel a reservation or process your check-in. Each of these users is provided with a Username and Password and must log-in in order to access any information.
We may also receive your information when purchasing our Services through third parties, including but not limited to Hostelworld, Hostelbookers, Booking.com, Expedia.
Each of the third parties, receive information about you in order to process your reservation in accordance with their own privacy policies, and pass the necessary information onto us, including your name, e-mail address and Credit Card details if this was required to make the reservation. The information is passed securely from the third party site, and into the Clock PMS.
What happens if you connect your social network to our Services?
You can use your social network account, for example your Facebook account, to connect to some parts of our Services, such as when you create an account within our Services. If you choose to do so, we will gather certain information about your social network account for the purposes described under “WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA”. We will only collect such personal data that is necessary to perform the Services you are requesting by signing in with your social network account.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
A) For the sake of our contractual relationship:
• For the provision of our Services to you, including to fulfil your requests, improve your experience of our Services and to administer our contractual relationship with you.
• To personalise your experience of our Services based on your usage e.g. recommending content that may be of interest to you.
• To handle payments.
• To provide reservation and invoice information to you.
• To communicate with you regarding the purchase of our Services.
• To send notifications to you with relevant information regarding our Services.
• To allow you to use our applications on social media, provided that you select to use them in accordance with your security settings.
• To notify you about changes to our Services.
• To conduct surveys in order to improve your interaction with our Services.
• To provide offers, news, information, products or services that you request from us.
• To carry out analysis on an aggregated level to improve our products and services.
B) For our legitimate purposes:
• To use IP-address, device identifiers or other information necessary to block disruptive use or Services, for the reason of protecting our Services or otherwise enforcing or applying our Terms and Conditions.
• To provide you with offers, news, information, products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, including tailoring advertising so that it relates to your likely interests.
• For analysing and statistical purposes.
• For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
C) For marketing purposes:
• To send you our newsletter, if you have agreed thereto, which may also contain offers, news or information related to our Services. Please note that you can unsubscribe at any time from our newsletter by changing your account preferences on your account page or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter.
D) We may also process your personal data if it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation or authority decision.
The processing of personal data for the purposes described under:
point (A) is necessary for the performance and conclusion of our contract with you;
point (B) is necessary for our legitimate interest of developing, administering, protecting and marketing our Services as well as from a business and strategic management perspective;
point (C) will only occur if we have received your consent to such processing;
point (D) is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or authority decision.
Is it mandatory for you to provide your personal data?
Personal data that we request from you and that is marked “mandatory” in anyway, for example by using the * symbol, is required for us to provide our Services (for statutory, contractual, administrative, technical or similar reasons). However, some of the personal data may be required only in the event that you use specific features, optional parts of our Services or apply for certain offerings, promotions, programs, etc. from us or our partners, as will be further indicated prior to collecting such personal data from you.
Partners and advertisers
We may share your personal data with our partners and advertisers but only when you have requested it or provided your consent for us to do so.
We may also use aggregate information to monitor usage of our Services in order to help us improve and develop our Services, and we may provide such aggregate information to third parties e.g. content partners or advertisers. This aggregate information does not include personal data and cannot be linked to you.
Third parties for security or other legitimate reasons
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties, if we reasonably believe that disclosure of such personal data is necessary:
• to comply with valid legal obligations including subpoenas, court orders, governmental requests or search warrants, and as otherwise authorized by law;
• to protect our rights or property, or the safety of our customers or employees;
• to protect against fraudulent, malicious, abusive, unauthorized or unlawful use of our Services and to protect our network, Services, devices and users from such use;
• to advance or defend against complaints or legal claims in court, administrative proceedings and elsewhere;
• to determine credit risk, for reporting purposes or to obtain payment for our Services;
• to outside auditors and regulators.
Third party suppliers
We may use third party suppliers to perform services for us such as to provide the infrastructure and IT services (including but not limited to data storage), process credit and debit card transactions, to provide customer services, collecting debt analysis and improve data and process customer inquiries and perform other statistical analyzes. In the performance of these services the third party suppliers may have access to your personal data but is only authorized to process it strictly on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we consider necessary for the fulfilment of our purposes, that we have described above under “WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA”, after which we will securely delete or in some cases anonymize your personal data. We therefore save your data for a period of up to 5 years after creation.
Safeguarding your personal data is a priority for us. Any personal data that you provide to us is stored on secure servers and we use rigorous procedures to protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data. Any payment transactions will be encrypted by industry-standard technology.
Although we work hard to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal data. However, we maintain security and incident response plans in the event of a physical or technical incident to handle this in a timely manner and limit any negative effect of such incident.
• Right to access your personal data: you have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and information.
• Right to rectification of personal data: if you find that personal data that we process about you is inaccurate, you have the right to have us correct such personal data.
• Right to erasure of personal data (right to be forgotten): under certain circumstances, such as if your personal data has been unlawfully processed or you have withdrawn your consent (if the processing of your personal data is based on consent), you have the right to request and obtain erasure of your personal data from us.
• Right to restriction of processing: under certain circumstances, such as if you question the accuracy of your personal data or you have objected to our legitimate purpose to process your personal data, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data until a solution has been found.
• Right to object to processing: under certain circumstances, such as if you question our legitimate interest to process your personal data, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to such processing.
• Right to data portability: if your personal data is processed by automated means based on your consent or for the fulfilment of our contractual relationship, you have the right to request that we provide you with your personal data on a machine-readable format for transmission to another data controller.
• Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data with your supervisory authority.
If our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time (this will however not affect the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal) by contacting us or by updating the settings in our Services (where applicable).
Please contact us using the contact details provided below to make a request in respect of your rights. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 30 days of receiving such request. If we cannot honour your request within the 30-day period, we will let you know the reasons why and when we expect to be able to fulfil your request.
Via Palestro n. 51
00185 – Rome – Italy
Attention: Privacy Notice
We will respond to your inquiry or investigate your concern as quickly as possible.
Cookies are small pieces of data (text files) that are sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your device so that the website can recognize your device. There are two types of cookies, permanent and temporary or “session” cookies. Permanent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device for a longer period of time. Session cookies are temporarily placed on your computer when you visit our Site, but are erased when you shut down the page.
Other than essential cookies, which are necessary for the functionality of our Site, we only store cookies on your device with your consent. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can adjust the settings in your web browsers security preferences, see more information on this below.
You can choose to opt out of cookies being stored on your computer by enabling Do Not Track header in your browser settings, see more below.
We and our service providers may use the following categories of cookies:
Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary for us to provide our Services. For example, we may use these cookies to authenticate and identify our members when they use our Site so we can provide our Services. Without these cookies we would not be able to recognise you and you would not be able to access our Services. They also help us to enforce our Terms and Conditions and maintain the security of our Services.
Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not strictly necessary, but allow us to personalise your online experience of our Site. For example, they allow us to remember your preferences and mean that you do not need to re-enter information you have already provided e.g. when signing-up to our Services. We also use these cookies to collect information (e.g. popular pages, viewing patterns, click-throughs) about our visitors’ usage of our Services so that we can improve our Site and Services and conduct market research. If you choose to delete these cookies you will have limited functionality of our Services.
We use the information from cookies to make our Site user-friendly and to enable us to provide you with personalized recommendations. We may also use a number of authorized third parties who put cookies on our Site to deliver services that they provide (third party cookies).
We may use session cookies to allow you to move between pages on our Site without having to re-enter information.
Permanent cookies are used in a number of ways, including:
• To allow you to move between pages on our Site without having to re-enter information and to move between our Site and other selected sites, known as “single sign-on”.
• To help us recognize you when you return to our Site to use our Services.
• To allow you access to stored information.
We (and our authorized third parties) may use non-personal information from both permanent cookies and session cookies for statistical purposes as follows:
• To determine which are the most popular parts of our Site.
• To monitor the use of our Services and our Site (frequency and time).
• To track product success.
• To determine how frequently you and other users visit our Site and purchase products.
You can choose whether or not to accept cookies and what type of cookies you want to accept. If you want to know when your computer receives a cookie, you can set your browser to notify you about it. That way you have the option to accept or reject a cookie. Your computer can be set to reject all cookies. If you want to find out how to do this visit aboutcookies.org. Disabling cookies may prevent parts of our Site from functioning properly, including logging-in. It is possible to opt out of having your browsing activity within sites recorded by analytics cookies.